Modular UPS systems, also known as uninterrupted power supplies, offer adaptable and dependable power protection because their modular design enables the UPS power to be dynamically adjusted to changing power demands. In addition, the ability to quickly modify the system while it is running is the main benefit propelling the sales of modular uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
The market for modular uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) is anticipated to expand at a remarkable CAGR of 9.2% from 2022 to 2032. The market share for modular uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) is predicted to grow from US$ 4 billion in 2021 to around US$ 11 billion by 2032.
For More Insights Download Sample Copy of the Study
Growing Demand For Cloud Services To Open Up New Business Opportunities For Modular Uninterruptible Power Supplies (Ups) Manufacturers
Rapid urbanisation and growth around the world have increased the necessity for cloud servers and colocation service providers, which has implicitly increased the demand for modular uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) in local markets. Government regulations and initiatives to support new businesses and update industrial facilities already in operation have made the market for modular uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) more hospitable to adoption trends.
The majority of the country’s Economy is made up of small and medium-sized firms, or SMEs, and the majority of these companies rely on hardware to provide services to their customers. A power supply interruption could have a disastrous impact on the company’s reputation. According to this fact, the expansion of the modular uninterruptible power supply (UPS) market is significantly influenced by the education sector, retail stores, and start-ups in a variety of industries.
Technology improvements and global internet data security are driving governments’ efforts to use online banking to reduce illegal activities and promote the use of electronic currency. The availability of these applications and government support for the growth of a cashless society would provide enough opportunity for the development of national data centres and, consequently, for market trends and trends in the modular uninterruptible power supply (UPS) market.
The aforementioned applications and SME owners’ awareness of the advantages of modular UPS systems are predicted to significantly increase opportunities for the growth of the global modular UPS market during the projection period.
Modular Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Market Dynamics:
Driver: Increasing demand for zero power downtime from various sectors
- Every industry’s businesses have undergone digitization. As a result, business processes now rely heavily on electronic devices to access and gather information. This increases reliance on a consistent and dependable power supply. Business operations in enterprises cannot be carried out without a power source. There must be a guaranteed and dependable power supply in place in the event of a power outage or loss of the primary power source. UPS maintains continuity and dependability in the event of a primary power failure to preserve ongoing work and protect hardware.
- In spite of the fact that the IT industry has a strong demand for UPS systems, many industrial processes increasingly use microprocessors and PC-based systems, which are vulnerable and sensitive to power interruptions. A brief power outage can stop industrial processes and result in significant monetary losses. As a result, the majority of industries from all sectors have begun implementing advanced UPS and modular UPS systems.
Restraint: Higher CAPEX and OPEX of modular UPS
- Modular UPS systems heavily rely on capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operational expenditure (OPEX). The initial cost of modular UPS systems, big cabinets, and monitoring software is included in CAPEX. Due to the need for large cabinets to store expansion-capable modules, modular UPS systems cost more to purchase than standalone units. So, it is essential to account for the power capacity that organisations will need in order to reap the true benefits of modular UPS systems. Post-installation, modular UPS models, and batteries need frequent, expensive maintenance. Modular UPS systems require routine maintenance, just like all electrical equipment.
- Also, there is always a risk for maintenance workers who come into contact with UPS batteries when the systems are up and running. As a result, businesses are occasionally cautious to choose modular UPS systems, which is likely to impede the market’s expansion.
Opportunity: Demand for hyperscale data centers, cloud usage, and large colocation facilities
- Businesses in all industries are noticing an increase in demand for massive colocation facilities, hyperscale data centres, and cloud computing. They have already begun utilising digital transformation. For instance, Microsoft stated in May 2020 that it would establish its first data centre in New Zealand to assist businesses in enhancing their digital capabilities. In New Zealand, the need for modular UPS systems is anticipated to be driven by the development of new data centres.
- Large colocation providers and hyperscalers have significantly increased their data centre footprints over the past couple of years in an effort to boost income. Despite a slowdown in enterprise data centre building during the COVID-19 epidemic, hyperscale data centre construction has increased. This has increased demand for expensive modular UPS systems that can be scaled and offer trustworthy power backup. One technique to compensate for losses resulting from primary power failure is with a UPS.
How is the Performance of the U.S. in the Modular Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Market?
- The modular UPS industry’s most significant market is in the United States. In 2022, the market for modular uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) is expected to reach about US$ 1.6 billion. Due to the high demand for these systems in the region, notably in the IT and telecommunications, healthcare, and industrial sectors, the US modular uninterruptible power supply (UPS) market is also the one with the quickest growth rate at 9.7%.
- Due to the large number of international corporations operating in this nation, there is a greater need for colocation and data centre services, which in turn boosts the sales of players in the modular uninterruptible power supply (UPS) market. Also, with growing demand from regional data centres, technologically advanced countries like the United States and Canada account for the largest modular uninterruptible power supply (UPS) market size.
- Schneider Electric
Subscribe Newsletter for the Latest Updates